Shinshinto Mei

Jérôme

Thank you Gentlemen for your answers.

Someone would it provide informations on this smith because I have nothing in my books.

In any case I do not know if it was a great swordsmith but the blade is very elegant with beautiful hamon.

I post more pictures this week-end.

I'm really impatient to be polished.

Jérôme

Hi Jerome,

I have seen his work before...as you say, quite nice. He was Rikugun Jumei Tosho...his family and training details are on Toko Taikan page 191 and Ohno 1971 page 135 and Ohno 1977 page 67. Iwate prefecture, born Meiji 22 year, Sept. 9, Family name (I think) Kikuchi Kiyotaro. First swordsmith name Kiyoiye, next Kuniyasu, next Kunitoshi. Kunitoshi was also his father's art name. Studied under Yasukuni and Moritoshi.

You have a modern WWII gendaito....by a reputable, properly trained swordsmith.

Regards,

George.

PS...as you call this shinshinto, and as his father used the same name, it could possibly be him, but the mei looks identical to an oshigata of the WWII man.

Hi Georges,

Thank you very much for this information.

That does not bother me that it is a gendaito.

I was not sure it was a Shinshinto sword.

If the blade is elegant and well forged I prefer to have a good gendaito a koto sword with great failure which has unfortunately only a historical value.

Best regards

Jérôme

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..