Nanbokucho era blade shape practice

Utopianarian

Trying to hone my skills in guessing era just by sword shape only focusing on shape of blade. I think many don’t understand that it takes a long time to master this to a certain degree. I know many other factors are included in blade evaluation and characteristics but shape is definitely a major defining  feature. What is your guess by era by looking only at shape of this blade. My guess would be Nanbokucho 

5C188819-975D-4D42-ADB3-19F1037555B1.jpeg

Sorry that is the only good pic I have of sugata. The rest are with the fittings on. I obtained pic online. Post states it’s pre 1550 and in my opinion looks older like Nanbokucho. So far I don’t have any good full length pics. I know full length pic of entire blade is best and trying to make a judgement. The blade you posted looks late kamakura/ Nanbokucho 

You really shouldn't do that George :) Without seeing the whole package it's just guessing and it's not a healthy way to train your eyes. In your case, the picture doesn't really show anything..It might as well be a shinshinto or gendaito..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..