Yamato blade in Gunto mount

gun addict

I collect almost exclusively nihonto in Gunto mount and it’s rare to run into older/slender blades for some reason. Currently eyeballing this Gunto from a good friend and I’m looking for some opinions

some very respected forum members so far has suggested Sue Tagei, SuMihara or KoMihara.

thank you all ahead of time, one thing for sure this blades deserves a good polish, the nie utsuri even in this condition looks spectacular 

472579D9-E669-482C-8E9F-6FCAB42CBB6E.jpeg

207BECF1-F536-4E40-8924-5AF54E7DA630.jpeg

B90CE77D-845B-459B-965D-CE8CAB8B0A3B.jpeg

FAEE9E00-9C0B-495F-944C-B869E40A4CAF.jpeg

A50E44C1-63E3-40F2-A83C-CE29FDC11409.jpeg

• Like 2

its hard to say much with the images but it looks like shirake utsuri. nie utsuri is generally not indicative of yamato. there is no strong nie within hamon, nioiguchi is wide and hazy. can be second generation zenjo, for example.

nio, naminohira are options but certain things are a bit off.

not that i know much and the images are unfortunately not truly informative, but still it appears to be enough information to make a general guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..