Kanemune - “Type 3” - 1944

Erwin

Hi all,

just wanted to show some images of a “Type 3” (I am aware around the name/type discussions) 

Came across this version not too long ago and believe it to be in great condition and asset to the collection. Trust the name and dating is correct, images just for your info.

best regards

Erwin

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks Erwin!  A nice Gifu stamp!  They began showing up in '42 (only 2 on file) when the Nagoya Army Arsenal started using the small Seki stamp.  The large Seki was one of the stamps used by the Seki Cutlery Manufacturers Assoc.  I believe, though I don't have proof, the Association started using the Gifu when the arsenal hijacked their logo for the army.  We see the Gifu mostly in '44 - '45, in parallel with the army's small Seki.  

• Like 3

Erwin, nice pics.  He was:   Fukumoto Koichi Kanemune ( 福本小市兼宗) real name Fukumoto Koichi (福本小市)born October 14 1902 (Meiji 35), was the adopted son-in-law of Fukumoto Amahide (天秀). He registered as a Seki tosho on 27 October, 1939, age 37, the same day as Amahide (S14.10.27). His given address is the same, Kanazawa-cho, Seki -machi. In the 1942 Tosho Banzuke ranking by Kurihara Hikosaburo he is in the 6th seat (Chuge Saku “Ryoko no Joi”) of 7 seats. He also signed Shoshinshi (正資子) Fukumoto Kanemune earlier in his career. He is not reported to have made sword post-war and died on March 8 1977, age 75.

More examples:  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for the additional information Mal.

i will certainly add this to the report,( have a sort of habit to make a presentation of each version I can add to the collection )

this info is much appreciated so thank you for making the time

best regards

erwin

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..