need help translating other side is signed takehisa

thenamesbob

38 minutes ago, Kiipu said:

Above the date there appears to be an M partial inspection mark; but, I will need "eagle eyed" @BANGBANGSAN to have a look at it first.

昭和十九年春 = 1944 Spring.

I need to get new glasses as my eye vision is getting worst. Thomas ,you are correct, it is 昭和十九年春,1944 Spring.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kiipu said:

Bob, as an aside, the use of seasons is uncommon on Japanese swords from this period of time.  As you are already aware, the swordsmith is Takehisa 武久 and the black painted subassembly number is 87.

八七 = 87. 

Here is another example of a takehisa with the same kanji just different subassembly number’s,this one is on a website that sells ww2 items .Maybe takehisa was one to just always put the season in his mei ? 90AABFD4-8E1F-4779-8515-C644B9E67F0C.thumb.png.d1efd36112246c4216467df08b50934b.png

2 hours ago, BANGBANGSAN said:

It seems Takehisa only made sword from 1943-1944.

I have 2 on file that are not dated, so potentially, they could be earlier; but the dated blades are definitely in the '43-'44 rantge.  Slough has him listed, but nothing about his history.  Strangely, Sesko doesn't list him at all.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..