Looking for Fujin tsuba

jgtrigg01

Heloo,

I know this is a long shot, I am looking to see if anyone can help me locate a replica tsuba made by Bugei in the mid 90's early 2000's. The tsuba is the Fujin wakizashi tsuba. I have attached a photo to help.

Thank you

20210618_084913.thumb.jpg.ca6d9d0d0384c898da7b82fa3fdb270a.jpg

• 1 year later...
13 hours ago, ROKUJURO said:

No Chris,

the one I was thinking of is pictured in the black COMPTON collection catalogue.

I know Jean but i think he wanted to look for a reproduction for a martial arts sword.

I found one for 19.95 Dollar on the etsy website. But it is coated with clear lacquer so he could not patinate it. Sometimes one pop up fresh from the cast. These ones are perfect for patination and coloring.

Chris,

you are correct, I did not read carefully.

By the way, lacquer can be removed. But before hampering with a Chinese cast copy, I would choose a simple but authentic one as sometimes you can find them really cheap  

On 5/10/2024 at 4:30 PM, ROKUJURO said:

Chris,

you are correct, I did not read carefully.

By the way, lacquer can be removed. But before hampering with a Chinese cast copy, I would choose a simple but authentic one as sometimes you can find them really cheap  

Jean these modern acrylic lacquers are nearly impossible to remove. 

But it is not available. You should look on jauce maybe you find it there. Or on etsy. If you find one unpatinated you can made it like you want with different cold patination and colors. 

Good luck.