Kawachi kami Kunisuke .. but which gen?

James

Hello all,

I recently purchased this waki on eBay.. it's a very nice blade but I'm not sure which gen Kawachi Kunisuke it is.

It doesn't seem to be a close match to the oshigata in Fujishiro's but I really believe it is not a gimei.

Please have a look at the pic. Thanks guys.

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

I was told they are called Atari and if they are oriented in the wrong Place/direction, then the mei is almost always wrong or Gimei.

Its like not crossing your letter T`s or missing the middle stroke of the letter F or a similar comparison,its just not a mistake that a person familiar with the Letter(or in this case mei) would make.

.........But i may have been misinformed.......

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, alright then. Gimei it is :cry:

James,

you haven't expected zaimei on eBay, have you. You may want to turn this into a virtue, something like "Proud to collect gimei" ;-) Sorry, I don't mean to ridicule you, the same goes for me, I have a nice collection of gimei blades :rotfl:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..