Need help figuring out this inscription from the blade of a supposed Keian-era (approx 1648 CE) kata

Looking into purchasing this sword, but I'm thrown off by this inscription on the blade. The katana comes with NTHK papers, the tang is signed, and it looks to be traditionally-forged. However, from what I've seen blade inscriptions are usually a red flag.

Tang is signed ""武州住藤原正永" (Bushu no Jyu Fujiwara no Masanaga) which fits the name of a Musashi smith of the Keian period. (source: https://nihontoclub.com/view/smiths/meisearch?page=97&order=title&sort=asc).Just want to see what the blade says and make sure I'm not getting burned if I buy it.

Thank you in advance!

post-5498-0-45737300-1596057818_thumb.jpg

Not much help sorry, but that's a dead flat polish lending nothing to hada or hataraki.

I hope others here can help translation but it's very thin in places due to polishing.

I'd like to bring out the beauty of the sword, but I don't want to risk destroying the horimono. Do you think I'd be better off getting it polished professionally or would that damage it more?

Polishing removes surface materials you cannot avoid this. A good Togoshi will sympathetically restore but some depth of the carved kanji will undoubtedly be lost.

I'm concerned by the lack of activity. It reminds me of an oil tempered blade I looked at last week.

Can you offer some other views of the blade?

Polishing removes surface materials you cannot avoid this. A good Togoshi will sympathetically restore but some depth of the carved kanji will undoubtedly be lost.

I'm concerned by the lack of activity. It reminds me of an oil tempered blade I looked at last week.

Can you offer some other views of the blade?

Here's a few more images of the blade.

post-5498-0-52770400-1596060822_thumb.jpg

post-5498-0-19766200-1596060832_thumb.jpg

post-5498-0-11429200-1596060839_thumb.jpg

post-5498-0-49403600-1596060844_thumb.jpg

post-5498-0-03720000-1596060850_thumb.jpg

I would be put off by the lack of activity. Its been polished a bit since the horimono was done that's evident but a poor amateur polisher could do this in one sitting.

You will have to make your own decision I guess, as I couldn't consider buying anything without seeing the Nakago.

It could for instance be totally polished off of all patina and yasureme . Not saying it is, but there are key musts to buying by images. Sori, blade condition, hataraki, kissaki and Nakago should be the primary must have.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..