Restoration of Katana

Not the place you want to go for Nihonto parts or repair...was this a joke?

I was simply looking for information....I am new to this all and have no idea where to go for restoration. I did a google and came up with this one and Fred Lohman, among others. I don't post jokes.

I have also considered mounting the blade in a shirasaya.

SAGEO WRAPPING ON SAYA - This is a special way of wrapping and tying the Sageo on to your Saya which is a traditional beautiful way to adorn , display or use on a Saya and Sword. This is an art in itself. $70.00

Sageo_Wraping_on_Katana_Dark_Brown.291193956_std.jpg

(NOTE) Please be aware that if this selection is not made during the ordering proceess the Sageo will simply be tied in a knot at the Kurikata and left dangling lengthwise. Although this is also a traditional form of having the Sageo on a Saya, most customers , especially Martial Artist, prefer to have the Sageo on their Saya tied in a Classical way to aesthetically improve the Saya and add value to the Sword.

:wow:

• 1 month later...
Have any of you forum members heard of "Swords of Shi-han" of San Antonio, Texas. They have some very reasonable prices on repair and restoration. Thanks

Dear Dan,

If you need restoration of your sword/mountings, this is, of course my field. Please ask anyone and they will tell you the qualiity of my work. I now am in the US and working in my Denver studio. I served a ten year apprenticeship, have lived now in Japan for yearly 54 years, and have nearly 30 years as a togishi.

I wish you all the best in collecting. I will try to answer any questions you may have.

Regards,

Jon Bowhay

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..