November Kantei

Jussi Ekholm

Thanks Jussi!

Not just for the kantei, but your detailed write up really taught me a few angles I had not been aware enough about. Well done. 

As an aside and not to hijack thread (as I hijack it.....) but maybe a rolling weekly kantei would be fun where a list of members submit a blade a week, one at a time. That way one person does not get overwhelmed with the responsibility.

Good one Jussi, that one really had me going around in circles. Obviously be a lot easier should i have seen lots of blades in hand, but alas, books and internet have to suffice.

Looking back to the beginning i was thinking along the lines of what Michael and Paul were saying about the jigane not being refined enough. Connoiseurs mainly mentions Enju with a "fine ko-mokume mixed with a little Masame". It goes on to say that later Enju jigane is "hard" and shows features common with Sue-Koto. 

I couldn't find a mention of anything "running", until I looked online and elsewhere. I found examples of papered Nanbokucho Enju with either a "running itame "or a "running Masame" .

That's when I stuck with Enju, reluctantly. 

Learned a lot, cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..