Aoi Art Address

Hello, can someone please confirm this as Aoi arts address, I read somewhere that they were moving. I need to ship an item and tomorrow is the only day I will get the chance. No point emailing them as they are not in until tues. I got this address from the site.

Aoi Art

4-22-11 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku,
Tokyo, 151-0053 Japan

Hi Chris,

Not so much a "bad" experience, just a bit of disappointment and a few hassles thrown in.

To cut a long story short, a TH sword arrived from Aoi in excellent polish, but some rust in the Bo-hi. I'm not talking full on "in your face", but under light, enough to distract. Aoi art have been good about it, apologized and offered to pay to get it polished in the UK. Tsuruta San then stepped in and offered full refund, even though its a consignment piece. Ive been dealing with Aoi a good while now but this is the first time I have returned a sword. As said many times, buying from images can be difficult. 

I spoke to a few gents at the weekend, gents with a lot more experience than me. After taking on board what they had to say I felt it best to return. I would need the bo-hi polished for me to be happy, but at a risk, as bo-hi go deeper. There is also a worry about rust returning, sometimes its there for good.

I'm a few quid down on return postage and import VAT. It occurred a little earlier that I might be able to claim the VAT back, thought it may be as simple as speaking to someone at HMRC and giving them the card details and vat bill you get through the door and providing proof of return, but OH NO. You need to fill out a BO286 form with LOTS of details such as "customs black and white charge label on the box" and "customs declaration form from seller, also on the box" and "evidence of refund" etc etc, all stuff that's in the bin or heading back to Japan in the same box covered in brown tape  :laughing: ,I'm an idiot.

Anyways, no hard feelings. I'm usually a pain in the ass when it comes to buying swords with questions and stuff, obviously this time I wasn't a big enough pain, live and learn.

Hi Alex

Thank you for the story. If all goes well everyone is happy. But if something doesnt fit the pain begun.

Edit: I forgot to say. In USA and GB i got these nice triangular carton sword packages. Last time i want to send a sword in germany with such a package. The postman says this is not DIN i must pay "Sperrgut" 28.50 EUR. Lol

All the best

Chris

I would plod on with Customs and Excise, they are usually very helpful, albeit painfully slow, due I believe to chronic shortage of staff.

The fact that the sword came to you from Aoi is a matter of Tsuruta san's record, so there is a start.

It will be recorded on the Customs and Excise database and probably at the Central Hub from whence it was dispatched to you.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it will be an easy task.

So Good Luck!!

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..