Samauri-sword1185

Folks,

Just a reminder to be careful of slander here.

We have discussed the seller here before, and most of the complaints were about odd replies and sometimes strange descriptions.

I do not want to see accusations of fraud or money taken without delivery unless you have concrete proof that you are willing to supply.

To the best of my knowledge, no-one paid and received nothing.

My own deals with him a while back were satisfactory in that I received what I paid for, and besides the odd communications, I was satisfied.

Let us not make other accusations without proof and names please, or I will have to remove this topic. As for shipping items without de-registering them in Japan, I believe those issues are being addressed there by the right people, and buyers can form their own opinions on that.

Brian

Hi,

Interestingly enough, before I paid for it, I awoke the next morning, went for a walk, then came back to see the mailman walking up to my doorstep with a small cylinder-shaped package. I signed for it, the opened the package and sure enough, there was the wakizashi. I had never even paid for it!

Would you mean that you paid for one item, and you recieved another wich don't correspond?

The honest thing to do if you received the item you bought, is to pay for it.

It is never too late to pay. Just contact him, say you received it and never made payment, and ask if you can send the money.

Otherwise there isn't much difference between what some say he did, and what you did. You can't make up for what happened to someone else.

I would pay him, but that's me.

Brian

Yes, not paying/not trying to pay for an item you got on ebay make you a thief regardless of how you say it and regardless of who you got it from, id suggest you get in touch with this person to at least try and pay off ebay... unless you are fine with the title yourself. That is my personnal opinion anyways.

Ok, ok you guys.

I have contacted the seller (I did when Brian first posted). No need to play your guilt trip on me. :roll:

When I opened the cylinder, I saw a sticker on the side and he wrote "gift", so I assumed it was either a gift, or he used that to get it through Japan or Customs. (Or he just gave me the damn thing, due to the listings he put up when I bought it)

I don't know. Either way, I did contact the seller.

No need to shoot me full of holes anymore. ;)

Guest Nanshoku-Samurai

Brian,

in fact a friend of mine who is a frequent eBay buyer has filed a law suit against Matthew Hardy AND WON it. Matthew Hardy did not deliver a sword worth over 4000 bucks. Nevertheless my friend hasn't seen a dime yet but spend several thousand dollars more on the law suit.

Also Matthew Hardy constantly breaks the Japanese law by not applying for exportation papers for his items. He sends those straight away without the paper work which is highly illegal.

These are the hard facts, not even evealutating his bad and slanderous behaviour towards others and misrepresenting descriptions.

So my two cents: Clearly stay away from this fraudulent seller.

Max

I HAVE NOW CONTACTED LAW ENFORCEMENT REGARDING YOUR FRAUD OF EBAY

ITEM #190173810325 & CONTACTED EBAY ID POSESIVE SERVICE REGARDING

YOUR NON PAYMENT OF HIS GOODS AND ATTEMPTED FRAUD THERE ALSO .

HE STATES YOU SENT HIM AN EMAIL REQUESTING HE FREIGHT GOODS ASAP AND

THAT YOU HAD SENT PAYMENT ALREADY !

NON PAYMENT OF MY ITEM WITHIN THE NEXT 5 DAYS AND ITS BUM xxxx HOTEL FOR YOU :

Mr M Hardy

I should have never contacted him. Very unprofessional response, and after I was so nice. It wasn't even a fraud, more like a mistake on his part.

What he said was a lie, I never told him I sent payment. Here is the message I sent him:

Hello.

I purchased an item from you a few months ago, but my computer went bad awhile ago, so I was not able to contact you.

It seems you sent me an item for free, because I did not pay, and I still received the item in the mail. I wanted to contact you to see if you had done this on purpose (as sending this as a gift, or something), or if you made a mistake.

It was not this item, but another item. I had to use this item to contact you, because eBay now prevents sellers from communicating when a transaction is not in effect.

-Jo

I always wondered if this Mr Hardy is illiterate or has some medical condition.

Is there a free language translator on the net for "Hardy to English?" :D

You did the right thing. Now you can feel better about any action that you take. I assume you contacted him to pay him, and he has sent another of his tirades?

I would personally just ignore him. Or tell him to take legal action against you using the same lawyer that he just lost the case against.

Even better...tell him that since the sword arrived a few days after you bought it, then there was certainly not enough time for him to legally de-register it in Japan, and he is welcome to take action againt you, as you will be sending that info to the Japanese authorities.

If eBay contacts you about non-payment, tell them you suspect him of illegal export of licenced goods, and do not want to be involved in paying for his illegal activities.

Ah..or just leave him alone and he'll go away. At least your conscience can rest easy that you wanted to pay.

Brian

Thank you Brian, and everyone else for inspiring me to contact him, even though he is doing what he is doing. My conscience really does feel better.

Also, I read the email that he sent to me, he contacted IC3 about this, and he told them that it was for $2,500. It was $288, and I have that on email.

I do plan to ignore him, if he does want to take this to a higher level, then we can dance! :D

In another email that he sent me, he told me that I have one week to pay the $288 or he will contact the authorities near my house. It has only been about 2 days since he sent the email, and he certainly has no right to harass me. (I mustered up the funds, but I read the disrespectful email that he sent and decided to seek advice. You guys ;) )

What confuses me (and him too obviously) is the way he seems to get confused between item #190173810325 (the one you contacted him through) and the one this is all about. He says:

I HAVE NOW CONTACTED LAW ENFORCEMENT REGARDING YOUR FRAUD OF EBAY

ITEM #190173810325 & CONTACTED EBAY...

This auction hasn't even ended yet, and he seems to be accusing you of fraud with it.

Note also the following quotes: "YOUR NON PAYMENT OF HIS GOODS.."

and "HE STATES YOU SENT HIM AN EMAIL..."

So this is someone else corresponding for Mr Hardy. Does he have a partner who doesn't understand English well? Surely he doesn't speak about himself in the 3rd person? Funny stuff going on here.

Brian

I plan to ignore him. It is clear that he understands what item I am talking about, because he told me to pay $288 to his paypal. Yet he lies to IC3, telling them it was $2,500, as well as an altered story. It's obvious that he is either bipolar, or just a nutjob (Or both :shock: ).

• 2 weeks later...

[joke, not sent]

Dear Mr. Hardy,

I am going on a holiday to the Japanese islands soon and since i have heard that you are very experienced and knowledgeable on the tourist attractions of this country i would like to ask you for your help.

I am looking for directions for the so-called and world renowned BUM xxxx HOTEL.

Would you happen to have any contact telephone number for me to make a reservation for a room there? and do I bring my own vaseline? or does the hotel provide me with it?

best wishes, and thank you in advance for your help.

John Jones,

President of the Society for monastic scholars

Alaska.

:badgrin:

KM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..