POSSIBLE SCAM/PHISHING ATTEMPT FOR EBAY MEMBERS

Dear All,

I have received an email purporting to be a genuine email from ebay Australia. The text of the email is between the ****** start/end ******** lines.

The email asks for a check of my account details for a sale already made. I HAVE MADE NO SUCH SALE. I have reported this to ebay support and changed my password. I have yet to hear back from ebay but there is no doubt in my mind that there needs to be an alert on this.

Regards,

BaZZa

aka Barry Thomas.

******************** begin pasted text *********************

----- Original Message -----

To: warlord@iinet.net.au

Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:33 AM

Subject: You have received a payment of AU $213.99

eBay sent this message to Barry W. Thomas.

This message originated from eBay. Learn more.

You have received a payment of AU $213.99

G'day Barry W. Thomas,

You have received a payment of AU $213.99 for your recently sold item on eBay.

Since this payment exceeds AU $100, you must confirm your eBay account, otherwise your selling rights on eBay would be revoked and you will no longer sell on the eBay platform.

To avoid this use this above link to confirm your eBay account, to avoid revocation of the selling rights.

Visit http://cgi4.ebay.com.au/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?Confirm.

After you have confirmed your eBay account, the amount received for your recently sold item on eBay, would be credited to your account, and the buyer will be informed.

Thank you,

eBay Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Learn More to protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails.

eBay sends these emails based on the preferences you set for your account. To unsubscribe from this email, change your notification preferences. Please note that it may take up to 5 days to process your request. See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions.

Copyright © 2012 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc. eBay Inc. is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

************************** end pasted text *************************

These type of emails have been bouncing around for some time from both paypal and ebay. . . . I guess in these circumstances if unsure just dont use the link attachment. I would suspect that many would not think to far into it and would be more inclined to see if there really is money waiting (not necessaryly owed to them). .

Kam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..