Well Made Gendaito

Thanks for the link, Jeremiah. That is a beauty!  If you don't already own it and are interested in modern swords can I recommend this one,  http://www.japaneseswordbooksandtsuba.com/store/books/b347-gendai-nihonto-no-seika-translation

The whole exhibition was brought to the UK under the auspices of the Token Society of Great Britain and we had the extraordinary pleasure of a hands on viewing of all the works.  They were amazing!  The catalogue is very good and cheap as chips from Greg.

Enjoy.

all the best.

• Like 1

nice blade made by the modern day Muto school.  the lineage as described is a bit confusing -- So Hiroshi aka So Munehiro aka So Yasuhiro seems to have been a student and possibly a relative (nephew?) of So Masumitsu the father of So Tsutomo.  

in any case, nice ara nie and kinsuji here.

• 1 month later...

hmmm... i guess So Hiroshi is the same person as So Matsumitsu/So Munehiro/So Yasuhiro after all.  confusing that he has 4 different names and I misread Masakitsu in the text as Matsumitsu.  

anyway, someone got a nice blade.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..