Den Dewa Gassan Katana Blade, Need Advice

EdWolf

I am at work so I can't give you full translation but I believe it is

備後其阿弥正信

Bingo Go'ami Masanobu? I am not totally sure about the Go'ami.

So it would point towards Go'ami school work and not Gassan. But it is good to read what Darcy wrote quite recently about attributions on mumei swords.

• Like 1

Not the best picture. If needed I can get a better picture tomorrow.

Hope this will explain more.

Regards, Ed

Paper attribution to different school as Jussi said. Bingo Goami Masanobu, sue-Mihara derivative school I think.

So not ko-Gassan at all! Hope the seller is simply mistaken and not trying to fool you

• Like 1

BTW I don't think the seller wanted to fool me. He fully agreed with posting pictures. He offered me the following deal: ask members of the forum for a fair selling price and take 10 percent off for all the trouble and confusion. Sounds fair but now the big question guys. What's a fair price?

Regards, Ed

Hi Stephen,

I agree with you. I already talked to the seller that the price can't be determined by the provided pictures. If he wants to sell it he needs to provide better pictures or the price should be dropped dramatically. If the price is dropped it can be worth the gamble.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..