daimyou54eb

fan

I believe Takako-san is his daughter. She basically runs the business. Her English is pretty good. The father (Takeshi) is well know in armour circles - I believe he was past president of one of the big armour societies in Japan.

I'm not defending them, just saying that I have had no problems.

I purchased something from them privately a few months ago and saw it listed on eBay a few days after. I was also worried, so I emailed them and they admitted it was an error on their behalf. They explained that due to the volume of items sold on eBay they have employed some extra people to help out and I think that sometimes there is a lack of communication. Not a good situation, but I don't think they are dishonest.

The shipping costs are sometimes expensive, but they are there to see on eBay. I always check these before making a bid. Swords and fittings are quite good, but armour and other heavy items are reasonably expensive. I think that's just a factor of the Japan postal system.

One thing I might also add is his customs labelling are very poor. He does not write antique for antique items. In countries like the UK where we have stupidly low import limits this can result in a nasty customs charge. You then have to go through the hassle of proving your item is antique and putting in a refund claim etc..

justin,

do you contact them directly? i am still after them for a sword i bought in may. after countless emails, i have had very few responses. in one earlky response the simply told me they have not sent it. i think they dont like to be told that they made any mistake and knows that most people not in Japan can do nothing about them.

that's pretty dishonest.

eric

Hi Eric,

That certainly doesn't sound good. Yes, I just email them directly and make sure to include the item number and make the message very clear. Do you have their direct email address? Maybe address the email to Takako-san and see how you go.

Regards

Justin

i think i have their direct email because they responded to me once before. i have tried to contact both persons and they jstu ignore me. i included the item number and even the date of the paypal transaction, but to no avail. i think they might have sold the sword to someone else and just will not admit it. they could just as easily return my money but they wont even do that. it is not like they have no way to make this right.

eric

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..