Domestic Sword Polishers

Mick C

Greeting All,

I am looking for names of domestic sword polishers in the lower 48 and Canada. Any suggestions? Has anyone used Takeo Seki? What was your experience like? anyone have his contact numbers? Phone/email? Does he still polish?

Who would be the one's to stay away from?

Thanks! I await the onslaught of responses.

Sincerely, Mick C

Mick,

Rather than ask us to volunteer to make enemies (who to stay away from) you should ask the polishers you're considering to tell you about their training. Those with proper training should be fine; the rest you should stay clear of.

Grey

Hi, another important reason for collectors to attend nihonto shows with sword displays is to not only view good blades, but also to see and learn what a good polish looks like. (edit) Plus, to see examples of polish by specific polishers before choosing and then finding out that you actually don't like the polisher's work.

Grey and all,

I don't want to alienate anyone from anyone or do I wish them to make enemies! I noticed other post that were written in this forum (i.e.) Chris Lau that weren't necessarily favorable remarks. However, they are of a personal perspective opinion and openly written in this forum. I respect that. Based on those comments I don't believe that it hurts to have people relate a positive or in this case negative experiences of fellow collectors and what they may have had. I'm sure we all know poor craftsman and craftsmanship and most likely wouldn't recommend their services. They maybe great people but terrible artisans and you may not want to injure that part of the relationship. But, in good faith I don't believe that you can or would suggest to someone else in using their substandard services. That is where or what my question was trying to convey.

Perhaps the way I phrased the question is what was found objectionable and for that I am sorry. I am relatively new to this list and assumed that people with a negative reviews or experiences of which they had had with someone would PM me with that information and not a full open disclosure to the list!!!!! Once again sorry for the way the question was posed or interpreted.

Regards, Mick C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..