Upcoming Zacke auction

1 hour ago, Cola said:

Estimate prices for the swords seem a bit on the low end, or am I missing something?

Most of the blades are mumei, unpapered, or have old papers. There are only 2 items in the auction with new NBTHK papers and they're both Hozon. Add to that the auction house fees of 15-30%+ and you quickly approach the limit of what people are willing to spend on unpapered swords IMO.

This means they will likely fetch lower values but there may also be some good deals to be had on authentic blades that could later be papered and authenticated to the smith. Someone lucky could sneak a great deal if they know what they're looking for.

15 minutes ago, nulldevice said:

Most of the blades are mumei, unpapered, or have old papers. There are only 2 items in the auction with new NBTHK papers and they're both Hozon. Add to that the auction house fees of 15-30%+ and you quickly approach the limit of what people are willing to spend on unpapered swords IMO.

This means they will likely fetch lower values but there may also be some good deals to be had on authentic blades that could later be papered and authenticated to the smith. Someone lucky could sneak a great deal if they know what they're looking for.

Ah yes, the 30% fee is pretty steep. 

This one really caught my eye, but the chip in the kissaki is really unfortunate:

https://www.zacke.at...&sd=0&pp=48&pn=4&g=1

But I'm not in a hurry to buy anything.