Help in identifying the image of the plant.

Good day everyone! I need your help. Maybe someone came across this symbol on a weapon. This is the first time I have come across the image of this flower on sheath decoration elements. 

And even, there are no guesses, what kind of plant is this.

Thank you all for your reply.

Screenshot_20240107_194015.jpg

Screenshot_20240107_193857.jpg

Screenshot_20240107_194038.jpg

Screenshot_20240107_193847.jpg

This dirk is extremely unusual, too, as it only has 1 belt loop.

I've sent this link to "Ortos" at Warrelics to see if he can identify it.  He's got quite a dirk collection and has some dirk reference material that I don't have.

Here's a recent thread he started, in case anyone wants to contact him about dirks: A collection of Japanese dirks (warrelics.eu)

Jasmine is my best guess...

What makes identification challenging are the grassy parts behind the flower. Without those, I'd say definitely jasmine.

Phlox was my first thought, then I considered some kind of lily.

Best of luck,
Cheers,
-Sam

Thanks for your guesses. I understand that it must be seen in the context of all the images of this dagger. Please pay attention to the menuki on the handle. I think I'm getting close to solving this dagger and it's really exciting.

i-img1200x800-1704461094frqksl258526.jpg

55 minutes ago, gorec5642 said:

Thanks for your guesses. I understand that it must be seen in the context of all the images of this dagger. Please pay attention to the menuki on the handle. I think I'm getting close to solving this dagger and it's really exciting.

The flower on the tsuka (handle), is cherry blossom 

*edit: I’m wrong, it’s a plum blossom. Thanks @Kiipu

My apologies OP

Edited by GeorgeLuucas
correction*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kiipu said:

Цвіт сливи і, отже, Маньчжоу-го. Зверніть увагу, що на листках немає поглиблень, як на вишневому цвіті.

:clap:

And here is the solution to the ornament and the identification of the dagger. The first thing I noticed was a mysterious flower with leaves. It was most similar to the stylized orchid ornament of the coat of arms of Manchukuo, but without intermediate flowers.
The second argument for the Manchukuo dagger is a single suspension ring. In Japan, there are not many daggers with a single suspension ring. And, finally, the third argument is the plum blossom menuki.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although the image from the Imperial Decree of February 1935 is not very clear, but still they allowed to identify this dagger as the dagger of an official of the Manchukuo Imperial Court! An extremely rare dagger! I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who participated in the discussion.

двч02.jpg

• Like 3

満州国政府公報 Manchukuo Government Gazette

1935-0213 宮内官職服制式 Imperial Household

A good many of the dirks used by Manchukuo are single hangers and backstraps are common on them as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3