Amateur polishers on YouTube.

I am a fairly new collector. I’ve only been collecting for a little over 5 years. I’ve learned a lot of great information through books, scouring through the internet and also on this forum which is most helpful. One of the first things I learned about Nihonto or Japanese swords in general is to never attempt polishing or restoration by yourself or by an amateur. I see this basic information passed to new people on this forum almost daily which is great. It preserves swords from being destroyed. With that being said. I’ve recently came across this YouTube channel where this guy who hides behind a mask videos himself “polishing swords” and it grinds my gears. The worse part is in the comment section of his videos people are inquiring for a “polish” by him. Amateur polishing should not be encouraged in any shape, form or fashion. Here is a link to one of his videos “restoring a masterpiece”

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..