Seki Sword smith during Showa era - Noshu ju Masayuki

cisco-san

Dear all,

Does somebody know the full name and some general information of the Showa sword smith from Seki province which signed "Noshu ju Masayuki".

There are several Masayuki, but unfortunately I can´t find the right one. I think is is not Sakurai Masayuki (because of other school!?), it is not Ki Masayuki (because too good?!) - maybe Ozawa Masayuki :?:

I tried to compare it with R. Stein´s "http://www.geocities.com/alchemyst/oshigata/masayuk2.jpg" but... :?

I guess it is MAS1452 in Hawley´s book --> can also be found on R. Stein´s HP 正行 (Masayuki) real name 三輪 友雄 ?!

In the mean time I start to try to identify the Kanji for the date on the tang :phew:

Many thanks in advance.

Hi Klaus,

well done on your translating. The Masayuki you mention last (with the kanji shown) is Miwa Masayuki. This is the only Seki Showa swordsmith listed with the name Masayuki. His real name is Miwa Tomoo and he started work on Showa 14 year 10 month 26 day (26/10/1939). Rich Stein's Seki Showa oshigata list shows his mei...if it is the same as yours then they are the same man....if it is different it may be because the meis were carved by professional mei carvers and can vary a lot. You had better show us a pic of his mei, maybe we can help further.

George.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..