Paid eBooks for Sale

Brian

Hi all,
I am experimenting with the possibility of selling some items on the forum for the benefit of the owners and a small commission for the forum.
The software has advanced features to allow for the sale of items and downloads, which we have never used. For example, the store could be stocked with merchandise or physical books or any items, and you could purchase them through the full ecommerce site.
But for now, I want to test it out in a small way, and would like to see if any members have their own eBooks that they are selling, that can be added to the downloads site as paid for eBooks.
@Steves87 has offered a beginner tsuba eBook that he sells, and se I have uploaded that in the Downloads section as a trial.
It's a basic but nice little primer on collecting tsuba, many of you may have it already. We don't expect a rush of people, but if anyone wants to trial the purchase, it is only $10, of which most goes to the author. Perhaps Steve will give us a brief rundown on it here for those interested.
Just mentioning this so you know what is happening if you see downloads there with a price. No obligation to purchase, more interested in how smooth the process is.
Note, this will NOT affect our regular free downloads. I will continue to offer as many free ones as possible and keep adding to them, this is more for the sale published ebooks that have always had a price attached.

brian

• Like 2

I think you have summed it up well Brian. It is most definitely for the beginner, it touches on basic terms and features of Tsuba by exampling guards that are within the reach of any collector. It should make transitioning to the more scholarly texts just that little bit easier for someone testing the waters into collecting Tsuba.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..