Found a tsuba...

RichardP

5 hours ago, Geraint said:

The fact that it came back as gimei is a disappointment, most of all to you but I think all of us love it when a story comes good.  I know that it's easy to speak after the event but if nothing else your post made me really look at the tsuba and particularly at the seppa dai.   

Thanks so much—while the results were a disappointment, it’s nice to get some idea as to what features might have guided the shinsa team’s decision.  

Hi Richard,

Just for interest was any info given on the tsuba? NBTHK or one of the others?

Personally I think it is a great piece and anyone would be happy to have- pm if you want to be rid of it!!! Hahaha! As others have said good nanako and extremely well done dragons- great scales! Enjoy Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:51 AM, shakudo said:

Hi Richard,

Just for interest was any info given on the tsuba? NBTHK or one of the others?

Personally I think it is a great piece and anyone would be happy to have- pm if you want to be rid of it!!! Hahaha! As others have said good nanako and extremely well done dragons- great scales! Enjoy Mike.

Hi Mike-

Thank you for your appreciative comments, but no, NBTHK doesn’t provide any info as to their reasoning—so it was nice of Geraint to give some thought as to the factors that might have guided them.

• Thanks 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..