Tanto What do I have here?

Done and dusted. No new saya, no added fittings. At the most, slight adjustment or work, but all on original fittings en-suite.
What no-one has mentioned is that ar this level of magnification, everything looks worse than it is. At normal eye viewing, it likely looks great. Thanks Ford.
Rest of you...aside from Ford or Michael....shhhhhhhh now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Shugyosha said:

No, I’m saying your opinion is worth pretty much Jack Sh!t around here because you don’t know enough,

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. 

I agree that forums are a very special place for people of similar mindsets. 

I spoke to many of the old boys from around 15 years ago, no longer on here now and they mostly reiterated that they hated the mindset of the forum community and poor Rich T  sold everything he had to get away from the hobby for just this reason. 

There's some truly amazing people on here but there's also a lot of people who offer no real benefits to study and probably need to go get a life. 

I certainly do, but I thank you all for your tolerance. 

You are too fixed in your ways to ever learn anything new and that means you cannot adapt to changes in the way people collect. Anyone challenging convention is ostracised, ridiculed, cast out or ignored. 

This is exactly what many of you exhibit as your characters. 

I've met some really good people on here and a few I'd rather forget. 

I'm sure many feel the same way about me. That's fine. 

Forums are not for me I'm too free thinking and logical. 

Thank you 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Guns Knives and Swords said:

Neither side has the edges of the slots aligned with the slots in the sheath.  Both sides are cut straight and allow the curve of the copper to show.  Both sides are a perfect fit to the knife and tool when you imagine the slight angle they sit at when in place giving near 100 percent contact with the back of the knife and tool.  If they were equal to the edges of the slot in the sheath there would be a very slight gap when in place.  The pictures are not as good as having it in ones hand.  Adam's picture with the captions is not accurate to the real thing.  See the new pictures and look closely.  Both edges curve in slightly at the bottom.  This allows full contact with the knife and tool since they have a slight curve on the backside.

For the record, you had said it already, but it looks like nobody paid attention... ;-)

On 9/27/2020 at 5:26 AM, Guns Knives and Swords said:

The area in question is exposed unless the knife or tool is removed. The back side of the knife and tool also have rough file marks and are not finished like the the eposed metal.  They are not exposed unless removed.  Is this normal?  Actually both sides are like the rough side pictured, the lighting just did not pick it up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..