Hada?

jct3602

Any thoughts on kuni would be appreciated.  Hada seems very rustic, mountainous portion of northern 3rd of Honshu is my guess, but some opinions are southern Kyushu. 

The slightly darker vertical bands run between the top of the hamon and the more prominent muneyaki; seems to be some form of partial hardening, also occurs  uniformly with all significant  muneyaki on the ura side, occurs less often on the omote. 

Original file size was 1.98MB, but with compression to 180KB am not sure if enough detail comes through.  If not, my apologies in advance for wasting your time.

yours,

john twineham

post-3236-0-60072200-1519688974_thumb.jpg

Dear John.

"Hada seems very rustic"      

Well it would do considering what has happened to it.  In my view any attempt to define a geographic location based on an out of polish sword is doomed from the start.  In Japanese polish the sword would look very different and hence a radically different judgement might be made.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..