Enquiring minds want to hear about the San Francisco Show

As per the trend of the last x American shows there were a few great deals in tosogu and non-Japanese items, but probably only five or so good swords in the room, none of them easily obtainable.

There was I assume Fred Weissberg's Go Yoshihiro, nice probably Nambokucho Soshu hitatsura daito that became a waki, a tired ichimonji and a few others.

Quite a few militaria grade blades, some better ones, some worse ones. There were couple of Japanese stores present.

The greatest attraction to me was probably Bob Haynes and the discussion on the early Goto that followed.

Kirill R.

• Like 1

There were a fair number of good swords I thought. The Go was absolutely incredible. Everything you’d hope for, literally as far as old Soshu goes. I didn’t see the hitatsura daito discussed above but I think if you look around at the sf show you’ll almost always see something incredible. I saw a Naotsuna also. I saw a few very very good swords found too right at the end of the show. One I was amazed that had sat there unsold for three days with so many knowledgeable people in the room. I love this show.

• Like 2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..