Help Identifying The Swords

winniesuzette

Hi Winnie, would you show the entire signatures on these? Parts of the signature on two are cut off. The first is a Showato (mass produced blade) by Murayama Kaneshige. The third is by Ishido Teruhide. The next has its signature cut off, perhaps Kanetomo. The next is a Yokoyama blade, but we are missing the actual smiths name which is to the right of the photo. The last appears to be a Showato by Kanemichi.

• Like 1

Thanks again Raymond.  Can you give me an idea as to how much the value of the Swords nowadays? Would you mind if I ask you again next week for the two signatures which is cut off?

I'm really amazed by this group, there are so many people here who have interests with Swords. 

The second one is (I think) 森国俊 (Mori Kunitoshi), another ww2 smith.

The fifth one says (spoiler: hidden so that anybody who wants to try to decipher can do so)

濃国御勝山麓住藤原

and I'm guessing the final two (the smith's name) would be

永貞

Winnie its difficult to guess at the value - could be several thousands of dollars for each sword (especially the 5th one). But if they are not polished, or if there are flaws in any of them, the value drops dramatically.

But you shouldn't attempt to polish them yourself, or to have them polished by anybody except a Japanese sword expert. An amateur polish will ruin the sword.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..