Is This Worth Giving Like A Touch Up Polish?

HGT500H

I acquired this from ebay years ago and i have enjoyed a lot looking at many activities on the blade as it is. Unfortunately, it has limitation to see things in greater detail due to poor original polishing condition. I like the way it is now but want to know if it's a worth of doing so with this blade. The nakago has been reshaped and the hamachi has been reshaped so fumbari has gone. It has mei on it, I am guessing it's wakasa tsuguhiro either tenmon or 2nd generation but not sure if the mei is even authentic. There is horimono "daikoku ten" and has mukade sinae on the quarter of the blade from munemachi and hamachi.

Blade seem tired on one side to me and kasane shows it's been polished out multiple times. If touch up polish is ever existed, is it worth bothering having polish done so I can see the blade more clearly? Or just better leave as is?

Thanks for any input.

Jason C

I think I am with Grey, enjoy it as it is. The concept of a "touch up polish" seems to exist only with those of us who have never been involved with polishing. Most polishers will tell you that such a thing doesnt exist. Therefore you have to decide whether the  benefit of removing more metal from an already tired blade (your description) wil potentially offer sufficent improvement to warrant the risk associated with working on a well worn blade.

If you can see details of the hada and hamon, which I believe you can I would be inclined to leave it alone.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..