Thoughts On An Incomplete Armor

dominnimod

Hi all,mainly collector of nihonto and fittings,

but now i would like to purchase a modest samurai armor to place on a huge vitrine i have decorated with sakura flowers,I think it would make a great display and i think i have found something that might do the job.It's on ebay pick-up only but very close to where i live.

Unfortunately the seller listed the pieces individually so the kabuto and kote have gone for good,but i could get everything else for around 500$,but as its probably a foot soldier armor by the hara-ate-do,i could complete it with a jingasa.

My first impression is that is far from being a museum piece and some parts are quite beaten up,but as i'm not katchu collector and i simply want it for display i would like to hear opinions from experts on it before purchasing,

Thanks

Sinceresly

post-3515-0-82105400-1471982855_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-98619100-1471982858_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-75357900-1471982856_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-06724400-1471982858_thumb.jpgpost-3515-0-15256500-1471982854_thumb.pngpost-3515-0-99095300-1471982859_thumb.jpg

Hi J. Ubaldo,

It is a "thrown together" thing. The do is ashigaru grade, not "hara-ate" but "yoko hagi okegawa do"! The rest, as said. On the other hand, 500,-$ are not a fortune and I think is upgradable for low costs. It's in the eye of the beholder, if you like it..........

• Like 1

Hi J. Ubaldo,

It is a "thrown together" thing. The do is ashigaru grade, not "hara-ate" but "yoko hagi okegawa do"! The rest, as said. On the other hand, 500,-$ are not a fortune and I think is upgradable for low costs. It's in the eye of the beholder, if you like it..........

Yeah,i like it,not a treasure but could be completed with some cheap jingasa and kote,and its simply gonna be a decorative piece for display,im not a katchu collector yet   ;-)

Thanks

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..