#1 dominnimod

dominnimod

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:10 PM

Hi all,mainly collector of nihonto and fittings,

but now i would like to purchase a modest samurai armor to place on a huge vitrine i have decorated with sakura flowers,I think it would make a great display and i think i have found something that might do the job.It's on ebay pick-up only but very close to where i live.

Unfortunately the seller listed the pieces individually so the kabuto and kote have gone for good,but i could get everything else for around 500$,but as its probably a foot soldier armor by the hara-ate-do,i could complete it with a jingasa.

My first impression is that is far from being a museum piece and some parts are quite beaten up,but as i'm not katchu collector and i simply want it for display i would like to hear opinions from experts on it before purchasing,

Thanks

Sinceresly

s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg Captura.PNG s-l16030.jpg

<p>(☞゚∀゚)☞ Jose L. Ubaldo

#2 uwe

uwe

Jo Jo Saku

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 August 2016 - 05:18 PM

Hi J. Ubaldo,
It is a "thrown together" thing. The do is ashigaru grade, not "hara-ate" but "yoko hagi okegawa do"! The rest, as said. On the other hand, 500,-$ are not a fortune and I think is upgradable for low costs. It's in the eye of the beholder, if you like it..........
  • Brian likes this
Uwe Sacklowski

#3 dominnimod

dominnimod

Jo Saku

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

Hi J. Ubaldo,
It is a "thrown together" thing. The do is ashigaru grade, not "hara-ate" but "yoko hagi okegawa do"! The rest, as said. On the other hand, 500,-$ are not a fortune and I think is upgradable for low costs. It's in the eye of the beholder, if you like it..........

Yeah,i like it,not a treasure but could be completed with some cheap jingasa and kote,and its simply gonna be a decorative piece for display,im not a katchu collector yet   ;-)

Thanks

• uwe likes this
<p>(☞゚∀゚)☞ Jose L. Ubaldo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq