Gendaito forged in Bizen tradition

G'day All.

To add to Chris Bowens Shigetsugu mon photos is an Ikkansai Masatsune. This is the only photo I have but it is done very much in the Shigetsugu Bizen style. I know he worked post-war but not not much more than that. Any one have any information?

Cheers.

Mike.

post-2178-14196837324059_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I just wanted to throw in my two cents and say that ichihara nagamitsu imho created bizen style nicely and not so flamboant, however not lacking on the essentials,sugata,hada,hamon,hataraki ect...Also id like to add that I have a ichihara nagamitsu that looks like in the picture but with a juzuba midare with choji based on suguha hamon,with sumegane,ashi and bo utsuri.anyways nice pic again! its nice to see more high quality nagamitsu blades popping up and showing people the true quality of his blades and shows consistent works in Bizen tradition.Idk if that helps you however it can atleast remind you of a treasure you have! And it makes me think that maybe you should look at koto or maybe shinto blades in Bizen tradition.

Regards

od fimor thought

• 7 months later...

All,

Sorry to revive a dead post, but I thought you were appreciators of good gendaito. I had the opportunity to pick up a Kawashima Tadayoshi. Terrible pictures as per the norm for me. Solid silver habaki in a beautiful choji.

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

All photos can be found here: http://s854.photobucket.com/user/SwordG ... 0Tadayoshi

I have seen 6 or so blades by this smith and it is the nicest of all those. It is easy to see why he was such a highly rated smith. I always wondered why the blade wasn't dated as all the others I have seen were...Glad it found a good home and trust you will enjoy it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..