Japanese Kitchen Knives- First Two By Takeshi Saji

Over a decade ago I bought a used set of Shun Ken Onion knives and used them during that time. I recently decided to sell them and apparently, they became collectors' items because ten years later I received more than five times what I paid back in the day. I decided to take this money and buy myself some even better knives. Here are a few of my collection, two are made by the smith Takeshi Saji and are my better pieces. Sharing these for their beauty, and if you are into cooking I highly recommend quality knives. 

gyuto.jpg

bocho1.jpg

bocho2.jpg

nakiri.jpg

petty.jpg

• Like 3

All of my kitchen knives are German, however I like baking so I bought this Gude (7431/32) 13 inch bread knife with olive wood handle. It's a beast but doesn't flex at all when going through the toughest crust.

John C.

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 4.42.43 PM.png

• Like 1

I just realized I do have two Japanese kitchen knives - they are Kyocera Black Kyotop Ceramic (more expensive than regular because they are fired twice or at a higher temperature and are harder). You can send them back to Kyocera at any time to be re-sharpened but after 15 years I haven't had to!!

John C. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/8/2024 at 6:11 AM, John C said:

... but after 15 years I haven't had to!!

Hello,

I must comment on that, since I don't agree. Either you don't use the knifes or you only 'cut' butter with them. I also own Japanese kitchen knifes and can say one thing, story that it won't become blunt is just a legend. Any type of knife will eventually be dull if you use it. Knifes, no matter what type of steel or craftsmanship, will need sharpening if you use them to cut things. They are not lightsabers you know.