An Organic Iga Kake-Hanaire by Tsuboshima Dohei

This will likely be my last pottery sale for a while and I've saved one of the best for the occasion. 

Up for grabs today is a fantastic hanging flower vase by Tsuboshima Dohei.  He studied under the eclectic and infamous Kawakita Handeishi and as his top student, took over the kiln in Mie prefecture after his mentors death.  

Iga ware is of course native to Mie and this is a sublime example of the style - flowing, emerald and olive green natural ash glaze contrasts beautifully with the scorched body.  The areas toward the bottom of the show side were subject to particularly high heat in this case, which results in the ghostly white and gray color shift.  

This piece measures 13.5cm tall and I find its a perfect size to fit into any space while still having a fantastic presence on the wall.  It includes it's signed box which I will add a pic of tomorrow. 

Bargain priced at $120 shipped to the USA, international buyers please contact me for a quote.  

Thanks for looking!

FB_IMG_1706046696892.jpg

FB_IMG_1706046703126.jpg

FB_IMG_1706046700017.jpg

FB_IMG_1706046705722.jpg

FB_IMG_1706046716575.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..