A Beautiful Bizen Ware Katakuchi (Sake Pourer)

Good afternoon NMB, 

I think this is one I'll regret, but I'm running short on room 😅.  

On offer today is a fantastic Bizen sake pourer that has everything you could want from the style - clay flavor complete with many stone bursts, rich red fire color enveloping the rim, ash deposits (called goma due to the color being the same as sesame seeds) and a wonderfully natural tilt that the vessels displays, conveying the carefree spirit of the potter.  This piece also features incisions in a flowing water pattern that snake around the entire interior. 

Measures 15.5cm wide by 7.8cm tall and weighs in at 15 ounces - a solid weight that feels good in the hand, not too flimsy or unwieldy. 

$150 shipped to the USA, international buyers please contact me for a quote.  No reductions on this one as I will be perfectly happy if it doesn't sell.  Thanks for looking!

20231002_155443.jpg

20231002_155501.jpg

20231002_155514.jpg

20231002_155533.jpg

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..