Caring for a rusty Katana

On 8/14/2020 at 10:15 PM, Babu said:

BTW Les is now the only experienced Togoshi in the UK. 

He did study under Kenji when he lived here. He visits Japan for further training every year at least twice. He attends many Japanese courses to understand more. 

He may not be a Japanese person but even some of those Japanese trained Togoshi I've heard can produce less than desirable workmanship. 

People I have been corrected on this set if facts that are apparently fantasy passed through the people that use Les Stewart.

I wish to retract the above statement and apologies to both Les and Kenji.

Les has not been under instruction by Kenji Mishina San ( Mishina San and Les ,I apologize for this erroneous statement) and I was mislead by people who had clearly been mislead themselves as I'm not in the habit of making things up regardless of opinion was definitely told this. But I should not believe everything I hear.

Les also doesn't go to Japan on courses one or twice per year when he can and again that's my mistake but that's what I was told.

It seems to me that life is just too complex in the world of swords . People say one thing then retract it the next and God help you if you ever take what someone says as fact and relay that.

I'm nearly done here I just seem to come a cropper no matter what I do.

I don't know what's wrong with me truly.

My apologies to all of you for having to put up with me.

Adam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..