Kinzogan mei on what?

Geraint

Just for interest, a little something that I have just acquired. Not come across this before and then digging around in some old auction catalogues I found a similar one listed in a Glending sale from 1962, this time by Nobukuni Yoshimasa. The mei on mine is Nobukuni Mitsumasa, cf, Art and the Sword, Vol. 4, page 9. I would love to see any others if you have them.

Enjoy.

post-2724-1419689674601_thumb.jpg

post-2724-14196896752882_thumb.jpg

post-2724-14196896758716_thumb.jpg

Dear Martin.

I am sorry if the title of the post mislead you, there was no intent to ask a question, merely to point out that this seemed unusual to me and to see if others had come across anything similar. I know that one or two people collect ko gatana and shared it for interest only.

All the best.

This one is from Juyo koshirae. They did include the kogatana mei in the image and include it as part of the set.

They cut off half the kogatana though and did not mention the mei in the description. But they did take effort to show the kogatana in the kozuka and did not cut the mei out.

So, draw your own conclusions.

post-10-14196897260065_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..