Getting started with katchu

I'm not too sure this is the right place for this thread but I wasn't too sure I wanted to clutter up the katchu section with what might be a silly question.

I know there is a recommended reading list for nihonto but I do not recall seeing anything of the like for katchu. I'm looking to start reading on the subject but I don't really know where to begin. I'm hoping there is/are a book/books comporable to "Facts and Fundamentals of Japanese Swords," "The Connoisseur's Book of Japanese Swords," etc... Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

On another note, apparently there is a museum that opened here in Dallas with a rather nice collection of armor and other samurai arts. Apparently the Ann and Gabriel Berbier-Mueller collection is housed there. I'm planning on visiting and seeing if they have any volunteer opportunities (as well as asking for advice on where to learn more about katchu). If anyone finds themselves stuck in a long layover in Dallas it might be worth checking out!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..