What to bring to Chicago?

Friends,

I am starting to assemble the stuff I will be bringing to the great Chicago Sword Show. Last year a brought a bunch of stuff that found a home. But there were some things that didn't even get tire kickers - why didn't somebody buy my Japanese box bellows? What should a guy bring to serve the market this year, I wonder? This year I have a bunch of gunto and some militaria. How is that market and is Chi-town the place? And I really should get rid of my Japanese carpenters' tools. Chris, are you going to be there with pictures of the house? With all the collectors here in the Midwest, there ought to lots of action?

Peter

Hi Peter-

Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance....Let me know what you have in your gendai inventory....

Carpenter's tools sound interesting but at this point I think I have about every woodworking tool I will ever need, and then some....

Have a good time!

Friends,

I am starting to assemble the stuff I will be bringing to the great Chicago Sword Show. Last year a brought a bunch of stuff that found a home. But there were some things that didn't even get tire kickers - why didn't somebody buy my Japanese box bellows? What should a guy bring to serve the market this year, I wonder? This year I have a bunch of gunto and some militaria. How is that market and is Chi-town the place? And I really should get rid of my Japanese carpenters' tools. Chris, are you going to be there with pictures of the house? With all the collectors here in the Midwest, there ought to lots of action?

Peter

Carpenter tools? :o

Usable or collectable? Looking for usable

Enquiringly mind wants to know.

Friends,

Peter

Peter,

I will be there with a booth this year and am always looking for good gendaito.

I will be bringing a lot of swords (at least 30), fittings, misc parts etc. Some gendai, some gunto, some older blades (probably at least one or two undiscovered National Treasures - just ask Barry ha-ha), all price ranges, from a couple hundred up. It should be a great show there are a number of people coming and getting tables that have not been in attendance in recent years.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..