Tsuba translation and comparison please

Barrie B

Hi all,

I would like some translation assistance please and some comment on if we think these guys are the same person - who perhaps changed his name at some point, or is a relative (father, son, etc.) of the other. The kanji look very similar and the nakago ana have similar characteristics. I don't have any reference material on this guy(s), so any assistance would be appreciated.

I cannot make out the last Kanji on my tsuba.. is it Nao? I think it reads Kofu Ju (Edo) Naganao..?? Is that correct?

In accordance with the guidelines, I am not intending to use this info for a sale down the line. I actually have two Tsuba signed by this smith, that I am trying to do some research on.

Thanks in advance.

Barrie.

post-3473-14196849912584_thumb.jpg

post-3473-14196849913276_thumb.jpg

Very much appreciated. I also had Tatsu (as well as Cho & Chou); however, I was sure it was Naga. Very many thanks for your assistance. I actually have two Tsuba by Tatsunao. I unfortunately missed out on the Tsuba by his father. Nevermind..

This has helped me out a lot. Very many thanks.

Barrie.

Hi,

Here are some photos of my two Tatsunao Tsuba as requested. Both are tetsu, but the larger (77.5 mm H x 74.7 mm W x 5.7 mm T) is mokume with a Shakudo Fukurin. The wak size is 71 mm H x 68.5 mm W x 5.3 mm T. Both Tsuba taper slightly to the Mimi, so the (thickness) measurements are taken at the Seppa dia.

Thank you for the info and help. It was much appreciated.

Barrie.

post-3473-14196850013533_thumb.jpg

post-3473-14196850014862_thumb.jpg

post-3473-14196850016057_thumb.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..