- Australia marks national day with protests over 'Invasion Day'
- New Zealand may approve COVID-19 vaccine next week; start general vaccinations mid-year
- House Democrats deliver Trump impeachment charge to Senate
- Janet Yellen wins Senate approval as treasury secretary
- Late show sees Spurs past Wycombe and into FA Cup fifth round
- In some countries, school closures due to lockdowns and other stay-at-home restrictions caused by the pandemic have resulted in children spending more time on social media and video games, a trend which has alarmed many parents and psychologists. Do you see this as a problem?
- Biden administration suspends some sanctions on Yemen rebels
- Moderna says its vaccine 'protective' against variants as global borders tighten
- Schumer sees next big U.S. COVID-19 relief bill passing in 4-6 weeks
- Biden to approach U.S.-China relations with 'patience'
Heh, all! After a few decades of doing martial arts -- and now that I'm teaching sword (kejtusu) to little kids, I think it's time for me to look forward a generation or two. Part of my drive is -- can you imagine? -- repetitive motion from too many thousands of cuts with an Iaito. This also puts my mortality into perspective. So already, I found a new (old) Tsuba to go with one of my Nihonto, and I'm using the story that the Tsuba and FK and blade can tell as a learning path for my students. I realize, this is a decades long process. Fortunately, I have decades. Just not a century any more! Thanks for everyone who has helped me privately get up to speed. And thanks to Brian who put me up to this. Brian bravely faced the gremlins attacking my initial registration process, and I'm confident that he's there for everyone. Cheers Dave L in "rainy, nope it's sunny, now it's rainy again" Seattle Washington USA