Sword Information Help

lazyasian

Just inherited a sword from my grandfather and have been trying to find some information out. First Thank you to Mark and Fred for their guess of the sword being from the Shinshinto period and koichi for the translation on the handle. Now I have had some more time here are some better photos of the sword. Please If anyone might know anything from age, forging location, school, possible value, etc let me know. Thank you to all those who have helped me understand my family heirloom.

fuchi translation

江劦 Goshu

彦根 Hikone

住 ju

藻柄子 Soheishi

宗典 Soten

製 sei

Also does anyone have information about Shinsa? are they ever held in the US? I would rather not have to let the sword out of my sights and ship it to Japan.

Thanks,

Cory

post-2608-14196797849523_thumb.jpg

post-2608-14196797851431_thumb.jpg

post-2608-14196797855003_thumb.jpg

post-2608-14196797860033_thumb.jpg

post-2608-14196797863985_thumb.jpg

post-2608-14196797869218_thumb.jpg

Hello-

Very nice sword indeed. I would submit both the blade and the koshirae separately to shinsa.

If you would like more information on the shinsa we are sponsoring in Minneapolis this October, please see the link in my signature. We are offering a service to submit blades for those that can't attend the event for a fee of $75US plus return shipping as well. Email me privately if you have any other questions.

By the way, not so sure the blade is shinshinto. You need to post more photos of the nakago, to include both sides from a bit closer than the one you have already posted here.....

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..