Repainting Type 95 Aluminum

If you were looking to restore a type 95 that's had its paint all or mostly worn off, how would you do it? I know that may be haram on here, but I'm genuinely curious so if anyone has ideas on other places to ask (such as communities based around painting aluminum models) let me know. There's a type 95 for $299 at a store near me (it may be a fake, but then that's even more reason to repaint) that's in that kind of condition and since I would put it in the same display as my reproductions I'd want to restore it for aesthetic reasons. I anticipate correct colors such as brownish copper for the fuchi and yellowish brass for the menuki may be the hardest part.

Jackson,

I went through this when I decided to re-paint a Type 95 I had that was totally painted gold, even the blade.  You can read what I went through here:

The short version is I had a friend that painted model airplanes do the tsuka, and I ordered a WWII helmet paint for the saya.  It turned out to be too green to match my other legit 95s, so I mixed some brown spray paint as I sprayed the green.  It's still not exact, but for what you're describing, it should help.

Here are pics of the spray can.  You can see a website at the bottom of one side, for contact info.  I haven't tried it, so I don't know if it's active.  

IMG_6199.thumb.jpg.55531900d250f62c7da28b3f4bdd9b98.jpgIMG_6200.thumb.jpg.77308ca8cc62a26b7d0f895035cda4f4.jpg