WTS Papered Echizen Kanenaka Daito

jdawg221

Looking to sell my papered daito attributed to Echizen Kanenaka. This blade is super beefy, and would make a good ko-katana if mounted. Tons of niku, very healthy blade. Dated around 1670-1688. Blade has next to no kizu besides very minor dots of inactive rust. Has kicho papers, but these seem legit as besides them being the white papers, the oshigata also looks like it was done by a professional rather than a 5 year old. 

Stats:

Nagasa: 25.3 inches

Sorii: 0.5 inches/1.3cm

Total Length: 36.3 Inches

Looking to get 3000 shipped for this piece, am open to offers, as well as trades for other nihonto. Pm if interested

Pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fpkpAEpiJrWBc2mX8

Plan on taking better pictures later

Jonathan, lovely sword.  If my wife didn't just spend all my money in yard work I would have bought it.

You should have no problem moving the blade at the price your offering.

On a side note: hopefully when it sells you can get a nice pair of shoes...:)

Warm Regards,

• Haha 1

Re increase price to 2k. Not in as much of a rush to sell it since i found funds to pay for motohara downpayment elsewhere. However again I will consider offers, so feel free to send some over even if you think it might be a little low.

completely redid pics, check out the album to look at them. Here is some more info on the jigane:

Hada: Mokume

Boshi: Maru

Hamon: Gunome with kaninotsune activity

Great study piece for mino school, tons of very interesting activity, as well as a great back story. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..