Tanto signed Kunitoshi, any opinions on this mei ?

bmccoy

Does anyone have an opinion on this Kunitoshi mei ?

The nakago has the shape, curve,  that other Kunitoshi blades have, the blade is 10.75 inches long, the blade is straight except for

the last 3 inches which have a slight negative curvature.  The blade image was scanned due to length, there is a line across the blade

where I put the two images back together for my sword sheet.  I can send higher resolution images if someone wants to see them. 

Regards,

Bob.

image.thumb.jpeg.23f061836e0b9a415f215c8baf6a2522.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.692fb84a19d6cc60e15443a422e90d1d.jpeg

I do know this, I started with the blade shape, which seems to be from the correct time period.  In a few reference I could find, I was able to see the nakago had a similar curve to other 

kunitoshi blades.    I was unable to find enough images to compare more.  I do not have enough references to research this so I posted here.  On another note, I thought the mei was not cut very

deep, and wondered if the mei was added later.   

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..