Loooking For Info On Nakayama Yoshimichi

Jiro49

This is all I could find:

I am by no means an expert, but I wouldn't touch this thing. Certainly not for 3700 USD. Aoi Art sometimes offers some nice stuff for sale, but nothing they sell is truly a bargain. I have bought a few items from them. This is like bobbing for rotten apples in their big bargain bin. The koshirae is horrible (just my opinion).

You could buy a good used dirt bike, or a really nice new kitchen appliance for $3700 USD. Save your money for something better. If Shinshinto, it should at least have a signature (mei).

When Tsuruta san says that it is recommended for lai practice, basically he's saying that this is a "beater sword".

Alan

Sure. All of that may be true, but what other site offers fun facts like these:

Historical Background: Record debut of ‘The Beatles’ at September 7, 1962.

I'm not sure how that relates to a sword made my Sakai Shigemasa made in 1969, but hey, I learned something today.

Sure. All of that may be true, but what other site offers fun facts like these:

Historical Background: Record debut of ‘The Beatles’ at September 7, 1962.

I'm not sure how that relates to a sword made my Sakai Shigemasa made in 1969, but hey, I learned something today.

Historical background is serious stuff just like this 1783 brandy being a very good year :laughing:

The Beatles is big business in Japan. Tha Fab Four broke up in 1969 so maybe that should have been alluded to instead of their debut recording.

Wah

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..