Another new sword - Kanehide

celt72

After buying an Emura last month, I thought I was done buying swords for a while, but then I got a great deal on this Kanehide that I couldn't pass up. I've always really wanted a Kanehide. It has a star stamp on the omote, a "Na" stamp on the ura and is dated Dec '43. The nagasa is 26.75". I love the hamon, but can't figure out what you call it. Can somebody please enlighten me? Unfortunately, I can't make out the hada. Here is a link to some pix of it. I'm still trying to improve me nihonto photographing skills. Thanks for your understanding.

http://s762.photobucket.com/user/celt72 ... y/Kanehide

Looks more like a gunome-choji to me....And not to be a pedant, but the correct term is kani-no-tsume (crab claw), not kami....
Sorry going mad... this isnt the sword I was looking at when I replied :oops: Martin please disregard what I said in favor of Chris's comments :lipssealed:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..