What Do You Folks Think? Tsuba

ancientnoob

Hi Nathan M.,

Here is the online reference: http://www.shibuiswords.com/tsuba.htm#nobuiye. Have read it offline before just don't remember where. It might have been in one of Haynes's books. My opinion agrees with Ford's more often then he likes acknowledge publicly. Late 16th Century to early 17th Century done in armor makers style.

Hi Nathan M.,

Here is the online reference: http://www.shibuiswords.com/tsuba.htm#nobuiye. Have read it offline before just don't remember where. It might have been in one of Haynes's books. My opinion agrees with Ford's more often then he likes acknowledge publicly. Late 16th Century to early 17th Century done in armor makers style.

Great lead! It made for a great read last night. Thanks. Let me know I you find anything else. Fascinating! :laughabove:

The tsuba arrived today from Grey. :clap: A wonderful piece. Its in what I consider amazing condition of this vintage. The transaction with Grey was flawless and I certainly recommend him as a seller. I look forward to doing business with him in the future.

Just what my wallet needs....another hobby... :bang:

I will be posting my own photos in the near future. I just need to figure out how I can possibly improve on the seller photos...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..