Nabeshima Guinomi sake cup writing

Bugyotsuji

This little guinomi has 長春 written on the base, indicating it is by Ogasawara ? Choshun of the Imari, Nabeshima pottery.

The writing on the side has me puzzled. The title Tailwind Voyage 順風相送 in Japanese "Junpu So-so" seems to be a sea chart or description of voyages kept by China Sea Chinese sailors in the 14th and 15th C, in the Ming Dynasty. (Lately it is being quoted to support China's claims on those islands half-way between Taiwan and Okinawa, but that is not the purpose of this request.)

Can anyone tell me what the rest of the writing says? I can see 去 福縁X晴 来 ? but what does it mean? :phew:

:thanks:

Whoops, pics 2 & 3 are the wrong way round!

post-601-14196853752184_thumb.jpg

post-601-14196853756873_thumb.jpg

post-601-14196853759937_thumb.jpg

post-601-14196853763193_thumb.jpg

Could 去 来 mean 'coming and going' ?

and the rest 福建 province in China? 慶 Kei, 'congratulations' ...or Amoy アモイ シアメン a town in Fukien, Fujian Province from whence many people set sail to other countries? and 清 Qing of the Qing Dynasty 清朝...???

or are all these lucky words 福 縁 慶 晴?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..