Looking For Info

hello to all.

searching the auctions. found this piece. I have two questions. is this a real kanemoto Mei?  and the tang looks cleaned off to me. wouldn't that ruin or devalue the blade? sorry for the poor photos. limited access 

post-4750-0-12586600-1546471772_thumb.jpg

post-4750-0-09717300-1546471805_thumb.jpg

post-4750-0-06490300-1546471830_thumb.jpg

Dear Mario.

Depends what you mean by genuine.  From the very poor quality photographs it looks like it is Japanese and the mei looks to have been done in the traditional way.  It also seems that the nakago has been cleaned, as you suggest.  

Is the mei genuine?  Genuine for whom?  It's not the Kanemoto but it could be one of the many others who used the mei or it could be gimei.  Does it have a stamp of any sort?  That would confirm it as Showa to.

This is not a sword I would buy.

Hope some of that helps?

All the best.

Dear  ED &  Geraint.    

I thank you for your response.  I am new and always  learning.  its great to have this site to turn to for advice and education on Nihonto.  this sword stood out because of the kanemoto name.  now iam starting to learn what that means and this is not thy kanemoto 1 gen. 

.  I thank you for you time.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..