Odd Question- But Wondering If This Looks Genuine

Hello!

I'm very new to collecting, having not picked up any tsuba yet since I don't know enough to invest in a decent piece.  I'm hoping to learn quite a bit between the folks here and my own research, but in the meantime, I have a slightly odd request.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this little tsuba seems genuine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29-OLD-IRON-TSUBA-Mountain-scape-Silver-inlay-Signed-SHYOAMI-82-8g-/172189202196?hash=item281746b714:g:u8wAAOSwf-VWWiMJ

and let me add, it doesn't have to be a high collector quality as I am framing it as part of a gift for a friend who is not a collector.  I know that ebay can be rife with fakes, so I figured I'd run it by people with better eyes-- The worn look is nice for what I am planning (and no, there won't be any damage to the item, even if it's just a low-grade tsuba.)  Thanks for any advice and I look forward to spending more time on the site!

Dee

Hi Dee,

Yes it is a genuine Tsuba and you have hit the nail on the head with your 

assessment of condition and quality and is not really a collectors item.

Regards Alan

Thanks for your input!  I'm building a unique congrats art piece for a martial artist and this will work nicely.  Hopefully as I learn more, I can find some higher-quality collector pieces for my own wall!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..