registration card with interesting writing

Petersan

Hello, I got a katana probalby from late Koto period, the tang is unshortened mumei but maybe there is a weak signature, not sure.

On the registration card it does not say mumei but something else I can not translate, also the first column on the left side which is usualy empty has writing, some with red. It is perhaps due to the sayagaki on the saya?

If someone could translate this 2 first column from left would be great.

regards

Peter

post-2466-14196854999007_thumb.jpg

Dear Sir,

not sure why you wrote in french, anyway, I need translation in the requested fields as mentioned in the description, the firts 2 colums in the bordered table, the one started with red writing and the one describes the tang as mumei of signature on it, not the date it was issued.

Because, I am French, Peter, and I forgot to push the switch button to English idioma :)

In Englosh, it can be translated by:

First column: in black you have a date (perhaps the one when the blade was authorised to be exported) not the date of registration

i am not aware of any Torokusho mentioning any sayagaki and BTW, why don't you post a picture of the sayagaki for translation? :)

Starting from the right, the last two columns on the left?

The first column is divided into

1. Mei on Front: "Kore 口" = 是 + something they cannot read.

2. Mei on Reverse. "Nothing"

The second column with red writing says the certificate was reissued or updated on 7 July Heisei 21, as Jean said above.

The issuing authority is the Shizuoka Board of Education. The sword should not have this certificate with it abroad, and if possible you should cover up the registration number. You could be getting a dealer into trouble by posting it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one, unless your post is really relevant and adds to the topic..